Sunday, May 13, 2007

Plays for May 14

Two longs for Monday.

CRYP 23.28 hit by earnings

GLBC 22.94 hit by earnings and downgrade

Entered trigger to buy CRYP at 23.32 stop 22.74

Friday recap:
DNDN +10.3%

CCRT +1.2% I got 0.36

SOMX +5.4% I got 0.75 got lucky again as it zoomed the last 15 minutes.

CRIS +2.1%

I didn't play all four because I didn't like the chances of DNDN and CRIS, well just goes to show you, it works better than you think, don't try to second guess the filter just do it. With my stops in place I'm not going to get killed if one doesn't work but not playing when I should, I'm paying opportunity cost, missing out on some big winners as my lousy luck would have it. Yep, it's me getting in the way of my success again. If I can automate the entire process I'd be way ahead.

Chasing momo:
NABI in 5.51 out 5.34 bought at the top of the initial spike and there was no follow through, might be a good idea to bail if no continuation after 30 minutes don't wait til it hits 3% stop, just bail right away. Even if I waited to get out an hour later at 5.45 that would only have been a 0.46 hit.

BIOD in 17.57 stopped out 17.61 got in late and it didn't go anywhere after.

ONXX in 30.23 out 30.31 late to the party again.

The NABI hit wiped out half my day's profits, not good.

Overall a profitable week in spite of my blunders.

No comments: